April 12, 2020
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in workshops or webinars, fill out a form, make a purchase, apply for a job, communicate with us via a third party social media site, subscribe to our newsletter, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, job title, payment information, information about your school, camp, school district, or organization, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use Our Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of our Services, such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, the type of browser you use, the address of a referring website, and your activity with our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or device you use to access our Services, including the operating system and version, and network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or device. Cookies are small data files that are stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us recognize users who have visited the Services previously and retain certain information, such as customer preferences and history. We also may collect information using web beacons (also called “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
- Provide, maintain, and improve our services;
- Provide and deliver information, products, or services you request, send your related information, such as confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions, requests, and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products or services offered by Respectful Ways, and provide other information and news we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our programming; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Respectful Ways and Let’s Chat Productions, LLC is based in the United States, and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using our programming and services, you consent to the processing and transfer of information, in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Student-Led Modules and Programming
No student (minor) possesses an account nor a password with Respectful Ways. Students access students’ courses indirectly through their school staff. These courses are password-protected web pages. School staff provide the URL and password to the students. All educational materials are given to each student by school staff.
School staff modules are accessed via a subscription paywall connected to their user account. If a parent or student wants to restrict access to Respectful Ways, parental control functions are to be used to block Respectful Ways on their devices. This must be done by the end user, parent, guardian or student, via a parental restriction control application of their choice.
How Do Our Services Interact with Third Party Services?
Our programming and services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as Facebook and Twitter), which let you share with other people and media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity providing the social sharing feature.
What Steps Do We Take to Protect Your Information?
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.