Why Respectful Ways SEL programs are better
- A comprehensive curriculum and signage program for Social Emotional Learning that both establishes and reinforces a positive school climate.
- Fulfills core curriculum standards–on your schedule. Courses are designed to give you the flexibility to teach when and how you want.
- Easy-to-follow lesson plans and activities. We’ve done the class prep for you!
- Online, interactive courses that create a unique experience for every classroom.
- Better student engagement. Our fun activities and lessons use pop culture trends. We speak their language!
- If your school adopted PBIS, your challenge is finding good SEL curriculum. We are your solution to PBIS curriculum mandates! Our lesson plans integrate with your charts.
- Courses fulfill dozens of College & Career Readiness Common Core Standards.
- Age-appropriate courses for three grade levels — including high school!
- Online support community, forums and webinars for educators.
We help you teach Emotional Intelligence.
Respectful Ways provides character education through a combination of preproduced online lessons and classroom aids and activities for three age groups: PreK-2nd grade, 3rd-5th grade and 6th-12th grade. There are 18 modules for each age group, for a total of 54 unique courses, comprising a full year of curriculum.
Through a variety of guided activities, students learn the core competencies of Social Emotional Learning: Compassion, Perseverance, Respect and Responsibility. We call this CPRR — helping you pump the heart into your students.
Each module comes with detailed, easy-to-follow lesson plans, research-based activities and classroom aids that make teaching a breeze.
We also provide Respectful Signage™ for your classroom and common areas to supplement the message and reinforce a positive school climate. Other reinforcement tools include banners, pins and posters for the school, and special awards and rewards for the students.
Our character development program is perfect for schools, camps, after-school programs and community youth groups.
If your school has adopted PBIS (Positive Behavioral Intervention and Supports), Respectful Ways works hand-in-hand with your PBIS behavioral matrix.
About the courses
There are 5 interactive activities per module, each designed to be taught in 30-minute sessions over a two-week period.
Since every child learns differently, our activities are varied to ensure that each individual student feels involved and engaged. The project-based learning includes discussion, crafts, games, group activities, performances, writing, personal reflection and more.
The first activity in every course is the “Lets Chat Conversation Cards” which breaks the ice and allows kids to explore their feelings on the day’s topic. Next up is the “Time to Rhyme” activity, where students recite, analyze and expound upon original poetry. The following 3 activities are research-based and unique to each course. Each reinforces the message in varied, creative ways to ensure that every student is engaged.
Each course is guided by the character Riley Ways, the students’ ambassador who learns and grows with the students.
Already have a Character Education program?
Respectfully, ours is better: We offer complete lesson plans for all ages, in a modern, online format that kids can relate to. Our turnkey lesson plans are more convenient and easier to teach. Plus, our online platform allows us to be more agile — we update content regularly, and even customize it to your school!
But if you already have a program in place, Respectful Ways courses can augment your existing SEL solution. You can access individual modules a la carte to directly address your school’s issues. You can assemble your own curriculum, or simply purchase classroom signs and awards!
We encourage you to adopt our pilot program so you can experience the advantages firsthand, risk-free.
Compete Lesson Plans by Age Group
We’ve done the work for you. Our research suggests a lesson plan comprised of specific modules for these three specific age groups. There are 18 modules for each level, to be taught every two weeks over the 36-week school year. If you want additional ideas, see the full list of available modules.
Choose Your Own Curriculum
We offer 54 different subjects for character education. Explore the available modules under each of the Four Pillars. Each module was initially designed for the appropriate age group, but all modules can be adapted to other age groups, or customized to your school’s needs.
Our research recommends rotating between the Four Pillars (Compassion, Perseverance, Respect, Responsibility) and that a new module be taught to students every two weeks.
For the 36-week school year, choose 18 Guides — 4 or 5 module lessons from each of the categories to build a well-rounded curriculum.
Here’s what you get.
Below is our Full Service Valedictorian Respectful Ways Program, but your program can be customized to fit your individual schools needs.
- 162 Diverse Activities to Fully Explore the Lessons
- Original Poems, Lyrics, Songs and Pledges
- Physical Signage for the Classrooms and Common Areas
- Collaborating with Respectful Ways Schools Across the Country
- 3 Grade Tiers: Pre-K to 2nd, 3rd to 5th and 6th Grade +
- 4 Expertly Crafted Umbrella Curriculums
- 54 Total Exploratory Guides
- 162 Exploratory “Let’s Chat!” Questions to Spur Deeper Guide Understanding
- Customizable After School Program
- School Rallies with Custom Banner
- Customizable Program Planning with CEO
- School Counselor Support
- Fundraising Opportunities With An Emphasis On Community Engagement
- An Online Learning Management System with Comprehensive Additive Teaching Tools
- Integrative App Support
- Access to CEO for Onsite Teacher Training and Support
- Companion Teacher Guide supplements with Behind-the- Scenes CNN Life Lessons
- Live and Recorded Webinars with Award Winning Educators, Best-Selling Authors and Child Psychologists
- Online Teacher Community, peer-to-peer private messaging, group messaging and discussion forum