Respectful Ways Supports Trauma-Sensitive Environments
The need for building trauma-sensitive schools has never been greater.
Respectful Ways is proud to announce an exclusive partnership with The Attachment and Trauma Network (ATN) who have reviewed and approved all our lesson plans and digital materials to be trauma-informed. ATN is the largest and oldest global think-tank nonprofit for trauma-informed learning and trauma-sensitive schools. On average, half the students in American classrooms are struggling with Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs), including domestic violence, sexual abuse, chemical dependence, and mental health crises. These traumas shape their personal, social, and academic development.
Now with the ATN partnership, our innovative Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) curriculum is completely trauma-informed with trauma-sensitive strategies put in place throughout our programming, putting Respectful Ways in a unique position to support trauma-sensitive schools. Trauma-informed curriculum purposefully speaks to ALL students, not just your trauma-affected population. It's a common, positive language all students gain through our educator on-board training and lesson plans.
A number of features make our program a perfect fit for trauma-sensitive environments.
- Approved-Language: As mentioned, all our lesson plans are being updated with trauma-sensitive language in each Course Materials page so educators are aware of best practice. ATN has been key partners to help guide this mission of making all our educator materials trauma-sensitive.
- Whole-School: We offer a consistent, sequenced, and integrative PreK-12 curriculum that aligns faculty and staff efforts to help ALL students. This SEL program is not just for trauma-affected children; all students benefit from this new common language.
- Student-Centered: Our curriculum empowers students to form healthy relationships and develop safe school cultures.
- Holistic: Respectful Ways nurtures the whole child, setting each student up for personal, social, and academic success.
- Applied: Our lessons offer opportunities for students to practice personal reflection, emotional regulation, and relationship skills.
- Adaptable: We’ve custom-designed our curriculum to be responsive to your students’ needs.
- Supported: Our turn-key modules and professional development opportunities help educators foster a supportive environment that enables trauma-affected students to flourish.